Ok so I haven’t written in a while, sorry about that. Life got crazy for a bit but now on to our next topic and it’s one of my favourites ... costume makeup!
I am not an artist nor have I had lot of lessons but there are some amazing things you can do with just some basic tools and that’s what I’m going to discuss today.
Number 1 for any Cosplayer or Halloween costume lover is a well stocked basic makeup kit. What should be in it? Well here’s a taste of what’s in mine:
- Spirit gum – glue for your skin
- Blood – a few different types
- Injury Stack – makeup for bruising and darkening
- Brushes – this is a gimmie
- Makeup sponges – again a gimmie
- Liquid or Flesh Latex – great to add texture or make your own prostetics
- Moisturizer – a must to help with removal, you’ll thank me
- Talcum powder – to lock it in
- Face paint – so we can get creative
- Face paint glitter – because I love to add a little sparkle
- Any pre made prostetics you want to use
As you can see I have just outlined a few things here as my kit has way more then this but the list is a great place to start and it depends on what look you want to create. Next blog we will talk about some of these items more. Do you think I missed anything? Comment below and see Miga’s Balloons for all your makeup needs.